Wednesday, April 27, 2011

web2.0

So I found this assignment very interesting because it is allowing me to be more diverse in my computer knowledge.  From my research apparently some people feel that it does not mean anything.  In reality Tim O'Reilly seems to be the one that came up with it.  I found this information in a couple of different sites, http://articles.sfgate.com/2006-11-05/business/17320641_1_world-wide-web-windows-platform-live-web, and http://www.paulgraham.com/web20.html.  The information pointed out that the phrase web2.0 means the new technology of the Web where you are interactive with the site instead of just reading.  Sites such as Facebook, Twitter, The Clouds, and the bubble application are just a few that you can work with. It was interesting to me because I am not very familiar with the verbage in regard to the internet and computer's, I am lucky if I get through this class.  But reading about something I have heard of but never understood makes me feel like I am 2 steps ahead of anyone I work with (even the IT guys, which is not right). On the home page of go2web20 I found several app's I would use such as the following.  I may not use all of them for work but I found them interesting enough that I would use them in my personal life.  Now that I know what QR codes are, thanks to our presentations, I will use tingiz a lot.  "Hello There" I found very interesting since looking for employees and putting them out to work in various companies is what I do, I think this would be a great tool for me to use in trying to find people.  Cronsync I think would be a great tool for my company to use since our IT guys don't know what they are doing, but this would be a great tool for our accounting department.  I like how all of them are useful on their own but you can share them with other people through different links.  The fact that you can find this information is unbelievable but to be able to sync them with other app's that you use is great.  I sat at my computer for hours just looking at the different app's that I forgot to finish this assignment.  This is going into my symbaloo for sure I want to research this more.




No comments:

Post a Comment