Wednesday, April 27, 2011

chapter 2

This chapter seemed to allow me to understand better about what I did know about computers.  I understand what web pages are and IP addresses and domain names so I feel a little better about what I can do on the computer without pulling my hair out.  This chapter was helpful in that I was able to go to my computer and really understand the things I was doing and see the expenations behind them.  I liked the figure 2-6 on page 43 because I can use it as a reference when I am trying to look things up.  I used to use the favorites button all the time but since I have found symbaloo I am using that more than anything.  I do use the History button quite often since I have 2 teenagers and 2 younger boys I want to monitor what they are doing on the Internet so that tool has been my best friend.  I also find it helpful to have the ability to link what I find interesting and helpful to my needs to subscribe to it or link it with twitter and facebook.  I also found the information about firewalls and the importance of safety while using the Internet very important.  I do some banking and shopping on line and it was important to me to make sure that I am safe in doing this.  This chapter is important because I knew some of the information but it allowed me to learn about the safety of my children and my personal information.

No comments:

Post a Comment